Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday Post

What have I been up to? I finished a drawing I started earlier this summer. Here's the final picture,
"Firebird".
I took the above pic this morning. I am not happy with how the colors show up in the photo. I think it may be the difference between a natural and an artificial light source. I am not a photographer.

Below is a picture of an earlier drawing I did. The colors in this photo are much closer to the actual colors of the drawing. This photo was taken during the summer, with natural light, in my studio.
And last, this is the latest sketch (pen on paper) that I am working on. Although I often start sketching with no clear idea in mind, that was not the case with the sketch below. I started out with the idea of a man with an elaborate tattoo all over his back. The sketch turned into a woman, with some sort of thorny vine wrapping around her, and she's saying, "I told you to leave me alone".

I thought you might be interested to see how the original idea "morphed" into something entirely different.

And "no", I have no idea why it turned out the way it did.
It just wanted to be this way...
Thank you for checking my blog.

Now it's time for me to get back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment